Regenerative Cellular Therapy
Exactly What is Regenerative Cellular Therapy Anyway?
Natural biologic therapy or Regenerative Cellular Therapy (RCT) is a type of treatment utilizing Human Cells, Tissues, and Cellular and Tissue-based Products (HCT/P).
In short, HCT/Ps contain VERY SPECIAL types of cells that Mother Nature blessed us with! They have the job of replacing specialized cells that are damaged or lost.
And, they have two unique properties!
First, some of the cells can divide over and over to produce new cells as well as being known to help reduce inflammation, modulate your immune system and help the nervous system regenerate.
Second, as they divide, they have the ability to change (morph) into the other types of cells that make up your body and that need repair!
As a matter of fact, given the right circumstances, one might say their destiny is to divide and conquer and win the day!
This is a whole NEW way of looking at the aging process!
What if, until the day you die, you could DO those things that gave you the most pleasure?
A day walking with your loved ones through a holiday-decorated city or town for hours on end?
Or playing golf or downhill skiing or biking like there’s no tomorrow?
How about being able to crochet or knit that blanket for an upcoming birth?
Or, during a hot summer day, getting on a lake or river and kayaking or canoeing or paddle-
boarding away the doldrums of summer?
How about being able to do that Half-Marathon or Iron-Man or Mudder with a knee that is stable
and ready for action?
What if you could enjoy tennis again instead of, or in addition to, pickle-ball?
What if you could do your favorite past-time, without feeling pain?
Well, read on— for this is OUR GOAL for YOU!
The method we employ of acquiring HCP/T, via current advanced science, is to use only those cells that are harvested from the healthy umbilical cords of c-section babies in labs that are FDA approved. These types of cells are harvested from a cesarean section (C-section) infant’s umbilical cord.
Dr. Takacs likes to refer to HCP/Ts as Soldiers of Construction— once a qualified candidate receives HCP/Ts, like little soldiers, they may help restore the optimal functions of the body in their quest to reinvigorate your cells, tissues, and organs that need help!
Another amazing quality about the HCP/Ts that we utilize is that they are immune-privileged cells.
This means that by introducing HCP/T rich tissue into your body, there are usually little to no negative side effects when introducing these cells in people with different blood types (assuming they have been professionally screened and approved for treatment).
What Are Some Conditions Regenerative Cellular Therapy (RCT) May Help?
The following conditions respond exceptionally well to RCT:
- Knee injuries and damaged cartilage
- Sciatica and other conditions causing back pain
- Nerve damage, including peripheral neuropathy
- Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and different types of arthritis
- Plantar fasciitis and other foot injuries
- Bone problems
- Hip pain
- Elbow, shoulder, or other joint pain
- Persistent neck pain
- Ligament tears
What Are the Different Types of Cellular Therapies?
Dr. Takacs has personally heard horror stories from people receiving their own harvested cells in “famous doctor’s” offices in the NYC area and not getting the intended result. And, this is exactly why she sought cutting-edge methods for her team to use that are safe and painless and effective and proven!
The FIRST type of Cellular Therapy is what we like to refer to as Traditional Cellular Therapy or TCT (like the “famous” doctor from above), wherein the doctor harvests the tissue from the patient’s own bone marrow or adipose (fat cells). This is typically done by drilling a hole into your hip or femur and extracting the patient’s own marrow— which is very painful.
Unfortunately, the resulting cells are “old” cells— meaning they are the actual age of the patient and aged cells may not be as efficient or effective as younger cells in their healing ability.
Additionally, with TCT, fat cells are a place where your body stores toxins. Cells taken from an area that contain toxins may be subject to adverse effect from the toxins and therefore on the quality of the cells— which is another major reason Dr. Takacs sought out a safer, less painful and ultimately higher quality of cell treatment derived from immune-privileged umbilical cord tissue.
After careful consideration, research and study, we at Vitality Health Center use a different type of Cellular Therapy via the following approach: Regenerative Cellular Therapy (RCT). In administering RCT, we utilize donated umbilical cord tissue that has both growth factors and cells that are inherent in this very special tissue medium.
These young regenerative cells are injected into the area of concern, delivering an intense boost of healing and regenerative power. And, because these cells are immune-privileged, they have virtually no chance of being rejected when introduced to the body.
Additionally, we acquire these special cells from trusted and well-established tissue banks that operate under strict compliance with the FDA (21 CFR 1271, Section 361 of the Public Health Service Act Protocols), the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) and all potential donors are pre-screened during an examination of pre-natal medical records and test results.
At Vitality Health Center, we utilize state-of-the-art tissue allografts (tissue from a donor of the same species as the recipient, but not genetically identical) derived from healthy donated C-section baby’s umbilical/cord blood/amniotic/Wharton’s Jelly whose initial purpose is to enhance life through birth.
Therefore, our regenerative tissue products are pre-screened, all-natural, FDA approved, and for the first time ever, now available in our office! Unfortunately, this type of treatment is not covered by insurance, but our office has streamlined our procedures to make this treatment as affordable as possible!
What Makes Regenerative Cellular Therapy (RCT) Safe and Cutting-Edge?
RCT is a safe form of awakening our body’s own natural growth factors after introducing it to the previously mentioned type of FDA approved tissue. Afterwards, once introduced, these cells may develop into new, viable adult cells— hence Dr. Takacs’ nickname for them: Soldiers of Construction.
As stated earlier, some of the cells and tissues we use in our treatments are derived from Wharton’s jelly.
This unique and valuable substance—safely and painlessly collected from the umbilical cords of newborns during scheduled C-section deliveries—provides an incredibly high concentration of adult mesenchymal cells (MSCs).
Wharton’s jelly-derived cell tissue preparations contain up to 80% of Adult MSCs, as opposed to conventional umbilical cord blood, which typically has only a 3 to 5% concentration. That is why Wharton’s jelly-derived MSCs are such an effective regenerative treatment.
What is so cutting-edge about this regenerative therapy is that these new cells are very young and innocent and pure— meaning that they have not been exposed to environmental toxins or affected by aging and injuries— therefore, they work much more efficiently and effectively.
They also possess a natural scaffolding (the extracellular matrix which is a structure that provides support) that can assist in the regenerative process and has also been found to be a rich source of hyaluronic acids, proteins, carbohydrates and essential growth factors.
Why Choose Vitality Health Center to Provide Your Regenerative Cellular Therapy?
After having practiced for over 38 years and having helped thousands of people regain their health, Dr. Takacs has worked tirelessly to assemble a team-approach protocol with RCT in the overall effort to help YOU obtain the RESULT you desire— a more pain-free and active lifestyle.
That said, unlike many other offices offering this type of therapy, we offer a multi-disciplinary treatment plan designed uniquely for you— based on your age, case history, activity level and other personalized health considerations and we do not accept all potential candidates for care.
Dr. Takacs never tells a potential candidate that this type of cutting-edge treatment is necessarily right for him/ her at the outset.
After careful screening, test result review and an initial examination, she may refer you to our highly-qualified medical provider— who performs an additional history and examination and who always has the final say regarding being accepted for this type of treatment.
“Had my first PRP Treatment for my hip on Saturday and from the minute I got up from the table I felt great. Today is Tuesday and no pain. It’s been two years since I have felt no pain. Thank you Nurse Hugo for the treatment and looking forward to the next one!”
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) and Fibrin (PRF)
What is Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) and Platelet-Rich Fibrin (PRF)?
How PRP or PRF Can Help You!
1. Dealing with Injuries and Chronic Pain
2. Treatment of Back Pain
3. Treatment of Tendon Disorders
4. Treatment of Osteoarthritis
5. Jumper’s Knee / Patellar Tendinopathy
6. Muscle Fibrosis and Injuries
7. Cosmetic Procedures
“I’m a 48 year-old male- active, runner, high intensity interval training athlete, Spartan Race competitor, etc. I started having right knee pain last year.
After 3 Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) injections over the course of 2 months, my knee is 100% pain-free.
I’ve been able to resume all activities 100%. Very surprised how well and quickly this treatment works!”
- NO corticosteroids (eg cortisone injections) 4 – 6 weeks prior to the PRP or RCT treatment and 12 weeks after PRP or RCT
- NO Anti-Inflammatories (like OTC Advil or the like) or even the supplement Turmeric 2– 4 weeks prior to the PRP or RCT treatment and 4 weeks after PRP or RCT
- You can take Tylenol/Acetaminophen prior to coming
- Come hydrated (at least 2-3 glasses of water or more if you drank a caffeinated drink like coffee) and having eaten a hearty meal prior to the procedure
- Bring a driver if you have far to go afterwards – you may be stiff and sore! (We prefer to err on the side of caution!)
- Wear appropriate/stretchy clothing that gives easy access to your affected area
- Avoid massage or deep tissue work for the first two weeks afterwards
- Avoid hot tubs and swimming pools for 48 hours afterwards
- Use ice, heat, epsom salts in the bath or tylenol, if needed
- Exercise as your body allows: go for walks
- Work with us to begin appropriate exercises against resistance from the second week onwards
How can I get the best results from PRP, PRF or RCT?
Response to PRP, PRF or RCT will be best if your body is in “good condition” prior to coming for PRP, PRF or RCT. Look at these areas to do a check list of what matters:
- Are you overweight?
- Are you on (multiple) medications? (Some medications are anti-platelet and can inhibit their effect; anti-inflammatories, anti-cholesterol drugs, blood thinners. Other medications deplete substances needed to make collagen, such as PPIs (stomach acid drugs) and anti-depressants).
- Please ASK us before stopping these drugs, as you are on them for a reason and stopping them may lead to adverse consequences.
- Do you take supplements such as Vitamin D, Magnesium glycinate, long-acting Vitamin C, Fish oil, and Multivitamins? Some of these are needed for your body to make good collagen once platelet-rich plasma sets the process in motion.
- Do you drink more than one glass of alcohol a day?
- Do you smoke?
- Are you struggling to deal with stress in your life?
- Are you looking after the whole person – emotions, physical, mental, spiritual and community aspects of your life? Do you have enough time for rest, relaxation, prayer, community and play?
- Are you exercising enough?
- Is your diet healthy or do you eat excessive carbs, “white foods” such as pasta, wheat, potatoes, bread and sugar, “fake foods” such as pop/soda, margarine, sugar replacements like aspartame, or processed foods like baked goods, some cheese, pre-made food? Are you getting enough fresh vegetables, lean meat/chicken/fish, nuts/berries, and “healthy” fats like avocadoes, olive oil etc?
- Are your hormones optimal? This includes estrogen, progesterone and testosterone as well as thyroid hormone and adrenal hormones.
What is the difference between Platelet-Rich Plasma and Prolotherapy?
First, what is the same?
Full disclaimer: We do not provide Prolotherapy in our office, but give info in this section for educational purposes.
They are both excellent natural regenerative treatments which stimulate an inflammatory response in the body, leading to healthy new tissue formation and significantly better healing, with less need for pain medication.
The difference is that prolotherapy uses concentrated dextrose to create inflammation. The body’s response to this perceived “acute injury” is to send platelets to the affected area, and through platelet release of growth factors, healthy healing occurs.
Platelet-rich plasma bypasses this initial response by depositing the platelets in concentrated form right into the injured site, where they can do their work immediately, resulting in much faster healing. (Most physicians feel one PRP treatment is about the equivalent of 3 prolotherapy injections over 3 months).
Prolotherapy is the work-horse, and PRP the Arabian!
Prolotherapy is the reliable truck, and PRP is the sports car.
You may choose platelet-rich plasma (PRP) over prolotherapy in the following circumstances:
- you are an athlete
- you want healing as quickly as possible
- you can afford it (although one PRP treatment is less expensive than 3 prolotherapy treatments)
- you have tried prolotherapy but haven’t had enough healing as a result
- you are trying to avoid surgery eg. joint replacement
- you are wanting pain relief while you are on a long wait-list for surgery
How many PRP treatments will I need?
What if I am taking anti-inflammatory medication like Celebrex or Advil?
Per our medical provider, qualified and accepted candidates should discontinue the use of anti-inflammatories for at least 2-4 weeks before and at least 4 weeks after the injection, except for cardiac patients taking baby aspirin (81 mg daily).Anti-inflammatories include Ibuprofen/Advil, Naprosyn/Aleve, Celebrex, Voltaren, Mobicox, Arthotec and many others.Prednisone is also an anti-inflammatory. Herbs/natural substances that are also in this category include Turmeric/Curcumin, and Fish Oil. (We require patients to discuss the above with their prescribing medical provider)
Does PRP hurt?
Does PRP always work?
What are the risks of PRP injection?
What is the cost?
Important Instructions for your post PRP, PRF or RCT Care
1) Expect some mild and/or rarely moderate pain after treatment for a few days. This is normal. This pain is due to the inflammation generated by the
platelets or cells, and is part of the healing response.
2) Use epsom salt baths and re-heatable beanbags as needed.
3) Take it very easy for a few days.
4) DO NOT USE NON-STEROIDAL ANTI-INFLAMATORY DRUGS (NSAIDs like ibuprofen or naproxen), or full dose ASPIRIN for at least the 4 weeks. This is very important and will negate the effects of the PRP or RCT by preventing the inflammation needed for repair, to start the healing process. (If you take low dose Aspirin 81 mg per day, you should continue this). DO NOT SMOKE!
5) After the first 2 – 3 days, the temporary pain increase will lessen. You will have some days where the pain is worse and others when it is improved. This is a good response.
• For the first 2 days, you should engage in very light activity like short walks and USE your KNEE BRACE if we prescribed one for you!
• On day 3 move the limb / joint through its full range of motion without resistance. Move it around.
• On day 7 – 14 start doing negative eccentric exercise with the limb. This means apply resistance while the muscle is lengthening, with no resistance while the muscle is shortening. Gradually increase resistance.
It is vital to move the limb to stimulate proper healing, but it is also so important to increase your activity GRADUALLY.
Cross train for your cardio workout as you are able. (Swim, deep water running, upper body bike, recumbent bike, elliptical, walk etc).
• If your Achilles tendon was injected, you can start jogging at 2 weeks if you feel up to it.
• Formal physiotherapy should start during the second week.
7) Keep track of your symptoms .
Any information related to Regenerative Cellular Therapy provided on this website is for educational purposes only.
It is not intended to either replace a consultation with a licensed physician or be construed as medical advice or any emergency health
need you may be experiencing.
Schedule Your Free* Pain Consult Today
Please complete the form to request your initial consultation.
*This includes a complimentary one-on-one Pain Consultation with the doctor and the opportunity to schedule a free 30-minute massage ($40 Value) in exchange for your donation to a local charity (minimum suggested donation of $29).
Unfortunately due to Federal Regulations, this offer does not apply to Medicaid & Medicare patients.
Please also note that availability will vary depending on your request.
To receive this special offer, you must download and fill out our Confidential Health Questionnaire and BRING with you on your free initial Pain Consultation Visit. Your appointment will be confirmed via phone by a member of our staff.
Or call 973-383-5052 to speak with a member of our team. Thank you!
Vitality Health Center
82 State Route 15
Lafayette, NJ 07848
(directly across the street from the Shoppes at Lafayette & next to the Welcome to Lafayette SILO)
Vitality Health Center NJ is conveniently located in the center of Sussex County, just minutes from Augusta, Branchville, Hamburg, Hampton, Hardyston, Newton, Stillwater, Sandyston, Sparta, Sussex and Wantage. Questions? Please fill out the form below.
OUR PREFERRED OFFICE HOURS*
We are open Saturdays & we have late afternoon appointments available as well!
Wednesday: 9:15- 10:30 AM
Saturday: 8:00- 9:30 AM
Tuesday & Wednesday: 3:00- 6:00 PM
Friday: 2:30- 5:30 PM
Monday, Thursday & Sunday
*Regarding Preferred Hours
*The above hours are our Preferred Hours for treatment purposes only.
We often see patients outside of these hours for initial exams, re-exams, consultations, nutritional analysis, etc. as necessary.
If you need extra time to speak to the doctor, always call in advance and our friendly staff will ensure you receive personal attention and schedule you accordingly.
We always have time for you and your specific needs and concerns!